Opportunities for Litigation Lawyers
Commercial Litigation Lawyer Opportunity (New)
Gilbertson Davis LLP is a boutique litigation and business law firm that provides a congenial and multifaceted work environment
Intermediate (5 Years +) Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Intermediate to Mid-Level (5 Years +) Commercial Litigation Position for suitable Entrepreneurial Applicant with a partial or full book of business, or at least a demonstrated aptitude for marketing their legal services, who seek an early Path to Equity Partnership Participation. Compensation is performance based on a share of billed and recovered fees; energetic candidates who meet targets will have estimated earnings in excess of six figures. The position will appeal to a Self-Starter who is committed to the practice of law, and who has keen analytical, drafting, advocacy, research, organizational, written and oral communication skills. Applicants must have the ability to work both collaboratively in a cordial Boutique Environment with senior lawyers and also independently, as the case requires. Candidates must have developed an intimate acquaintance with the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure honed on motions and in court during their years of practice following strong academic achievements at a top ranking law school. The following would be assets for this position: an ability to respond quickly to the demands of a commercial litigation practice, including the development and deployment of a file and client based litigation strategy, as well as experience, or demonstrable interest and training in one or more of the following litigation practices: business disputes and commercial disputes, IP (especially trademark); internet and technology; real estate, condo law and commercial leasing, including acting for those seeking or responding to injunctions, and other urgent equitable remedies; and, in addition, experience and interest in insurance litigation, including coverage, cyber risk, defence and AB.
This opportunity will appeal to those who wish to maintain and build a commercial litigation practice (whether in court, in arbitration or before administrative bodies) and who have a marketing plan. Persuasive real-world experience in the following areas would be beneficial: some history of direct retention by clients for legal services and involvement in the new client/file intake process, including drafting retainer agreements; drafting marketing or advertising material for legal services, including law firm website content; and regularly blogging and / or writing on matters of interest to potential clients of legal services. A readiness to contribute to the administrative burdens associated with practice will be welcomed. Candidates who have had business experience or interests and know how to meet a deadline, or who have an undergraduate business degree, would be among those who might find this position suited to their practice objectives.
Apply in Confidence with CV and two writing samples to: John Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their reply, but we regret we will not be able to grant an interview to all applicants.
Estimated: $100,000 Plus
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking Firm Intake Responsibilities including Communicating with Potential New Firm Clients and Firm Lawyers
- Co-ordinating and monitoring administrative functions to ensure work is completed accurately and within established time frames
- Managing files through all stages of the legal process, including opening and closing files
- General administrative duties including entering timesheets as necessary and preparing accounts
- Maintaining calendar and bring forwards
- Conduct corporate searches, Personal Property Security Act registrations
- Preparing and filing Articles of Incorporation and Articles of Amendment
- Maintaining corporate records
- Preparing and typing court documents, pleadings and trial briefs
- Drafting Affidavits of Documents
- Scheduling meetings, examinations and other proceedings
- Knowledge of general corporate commercial matters
- Civil Litigation skills and experience
- Familiarity with estate administration and real estate matters
- Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and court practice and procedures at various levels
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Superior analytical, organizational and prioritization abilities
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- PC Law experience preferred
- A team player who is resourceful, motivated and works well under pressure
- Able to take initiative, set priorities and multitask
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential
Salary based on experience and skillset. Benefits package.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward a covering letter and resume, in confidence, to Danielle Brooks (email@example.com)
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
If there are no opportunities on this page and you still wish to submit your resume, please forward it in confidence to: Danielle Brooks
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we may be unable to reply to all who submit applications.