John L. Davis, B.A. (Hons.), J.D.
Practitioner in the field of Civil Litigation focusing on insurance and reinsurance related matters, including cyber security and other specialty, complex and catastrophic losses. Experience at all levels of Ontario Courts and in Arbitrations. Industry experience as in-house counsel with an insurance company dealing with commercial insurance, reinsurance and large loss exposures, including products and general property and casualty exposures.
B.A. (Hons.), Queen’s University, 1973 (Academic Medallist), J.D., University of Toronto, 1976;
Arbitrators’ Institute of Canada courses, Parts I and II. (1986/87);
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Diploma, International Arbitration (2012).
(416) 979-2020 ext: 229
Areas of Concentration
- Special Risks | Large Loss Exposures | Reinsurance
- Cyber Insurance & Liability
- Property Claims | Equipment Breakdown
- Subrogation | Environmental
- Commercial & Personal Lines Claims Defense
- Personal Injury | MVA
- Tort & Occupiers’ Liability Defense
- Product Liability
- Coverage Disputes, Claims & Defense
- Fraud & Arson Claims
- Construction & Condominium Claims
- Professional Negligence Claims | Defense
Law Society of Upper Canada; Canadian Defence Lawyers; Defense Research Institute; Advocates’ Society; Osgoode Society, Toronto Insurance Women’s Association, Associate Member of Risk and Insurance Management Society; The Risk Management Society (RIMS); The Property Casualty Underwriters Club; Insurance Institute of Canada; Transportation Lawyers Association and The Canadian Transport Lawyers’ Association.
Founding member, Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society.