Gilbertson Davis LLP Arbitration Chambers
Professional Liability Claims Arbitrator
Professional Negligence Claims Arbitrator
Arbitration of Claims Against Professionals
Director’s & Officer’s Claims Arbitrator
Malpractice Claims Arbitration
David Alderson, LL.B, LL.M
Experienced and Qualified Arbitrator
David Alderson is an independent, experienced and qualified Arbitrator Practice in professional liability, professional indemnity and professional Negligence cases make him a good choice as sole or panel arbitrator in professional liability claims arbitrations.
He has been appointed by the courts in commercial arbitration disputes.
Professional Liability Claims Arbitration
David can be appointed in arbitrations concerning these professionals:
- Business & Financial Professionals
- Investment Advisors
- Financial Advisors
- Financial Planners
- Financial Analyst
- Securities Brokers
- Joint Venturers
- Retirement Plan Administrators
- Property and Real Estate Professionals
- Real Estate Brokers
- Real Estate Agents
- Estate Trustees
- Trustees in Bankruptcy
David has arbitrated disputes on a wide variety of matters, and has been appointed by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice as sole arbitrator in commercial arbitration matters.
He is an arbitrating member of the Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society, has completed the Gold Standard Course in Commercial Arbitration, and is on their Arbitrator Member Roster. David has a Certificate of Completion of the Ontario Bar Association’s Foundations in Judicial Competencies Series.
David is a full member of the ADR Institute of Ontario and appears in its Directory of Ontario Dispute Resolution Professionals. He is a Qualified Arbitrator (Q.Arb) having received that accreditation from the ADR Institute of Canada. David is on the newly formed Member’s Roster for Remote Arbitration and Mediation Services, for the provision of remote Arbitration in a number of areas of dispute, including business disputes, real estate, condo and commercial leasing disputes, sale of goods, distribution and franchise disputes, management and agency disputes, contract disputes, transportation and logistics disputes, international and domestic commercial disputes and reinsurance disputes.
David has spoken to lawyers at Continuing Legal Education events, and given interviews to legal publications on matters concerning arbitration, including:
- Law Times Cover Story July 20, 2018: “OCA upholds U.S. rabbinical court’s award. Province a leader in international commercial arbitration” concerning Popack v. Lipszyc, 2018 ONCA 635 (Quoted)
- Law Times Cover Story – Enforce Arbitration Agreements: Ruling, November 21, 2016, Re: Haas v. Gunasekaram,2016 ONCA 744 (Co-Counsel on motion)
- Panelist at the Law Society of Upper Canada Continuing Professional Development program, The Annotated Partnership Agreement 2015, on the panel entitled “Review of the Differences (Legal and Drafting) Between a Partnership and a Joint Venture – Understanding the Significant Consequences“. This included discussion on the use of arbitration clauses in international joint venture agreements.
- New Developments in Emergency Arbitration Procedures – Interview Published in Law Times (April 2013)
- ABA Annual Meeting, Section of Litigation event “Strategic Choices in International Arbitration: the Impact of Forum Selection and Choice-of-Law Decisions” covering competence-competence doctrine, severability (separability) and judicial intervention in determining the jurisdiction of a tribunal; and the enforcement of arbitral awards, including public policy exclusion to enforcement and the effect of local limitation periods in the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitration awards in UNCITRAL / Model law jurisdictions (August 2011)
Terms of Appointment available on request from the Intake Coordinator.
Appointment and Availability Enquiries
To make appointment and availability enquiries about procurement dispute arbitrators, please contact the Gilbertson Davis LLP Arbitration Chambers Intake Coordinator at (416) 979 2020, ext. 238 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Sole Arbitrator – $350.00 per hour, plus HST (does not include Panel Arbitrator, or a Sole Arbitrator that becomes a Panel Arbitrator)