Areas of Concentration
- Property and Casualty
- Large Loss/Catastrophe Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Errors and Omissions
- Fraud and Coverage Disputes
- Law Society of Upper Canada; Canadian Bar Association, Ontario Bar Association; The Advocates’ Society; L’Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario; Canadian Defence Lawyers; and Toronto Lawyers Association.
- Bencher, Law Society of Ontario (2019)
- Member, Board of Directors, Canadian Defence Lawyers (2011-present); Chair, CICMA/CIAA/CDL Roundtable (2016-17); member, CDL Public Policy Secretariat and Diversity Committee
- Trustee, OBA Foundation (formerly ALERT, 2012-present). Previously Chair of OBA Foundation Fellowships.
- Member, OBA Awards Selection Committee (2015-16, 2018-19)
- Chair, OBA Nominating Subcommittee (2012-13); Duty Counsel for the Advocates Society (2012-13); Member, Board of Directors, Canadian Defence Lawyers (2011-14); Member, Strategic Directions Committee CDL (2012-13).
- President of the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) for the 2010-2011 term. Vice-President of the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) for the 2009-2010 term. Chair of OBA Governance Committee, 2009-10. Elected member of the OBA Council 2008-10, 20018-20. Chair of the Civil Litigation Section of the OBA 2008-09.
- Chair of the OBA’s Main Continuing Legal Education Committee for the 2008-2009 term. 2008 and 2009 OBA delegate for the Uniform Law Conference of Canada. 2008 OBA representative on the Attorney-General for Ontario’s Justice Partners Advisory Committee. Co-Chair of the Civil Litigation program for the OBA’s Institute of Continuing Legal Education in 2006, 2007 and 2009.
- Civil litigation representative to the OBA Civil Justice Reform Working Group 2008. Law Society’s Certified Specialist Review Group of the Professional Development and Competence Committee in 2007. Founding member of the Law Society of Upper Canada’s Barrister Advisory Group, which has oversight of substantive competencies of the Barrister Licensing Examination in Ontario 2005-09.
- Past-Chair of the Outreach Committee of the Medico-Legal Society of Toronto (MLST), an organization of doctors and lawyers, and member of MLST Council, 2000-08.
- 2018 co-recipient, OBA’s Joel Kuchar Award for Professionalism and Civility
- Ontario Bar Association’s Linda Adlam Manning Award, 2013
- 2014 JusticeNet Patron Council Award
September, 23, 2019
Renewal time for professional liability insurance? Mind the gap!
October 12, 2018
Canadian Court Shuts Down Loan Shark’s Law Suit
August, 16, 2018
The Low-Down on PIPEDA Requests in Personal Injury Cases
April 21, 2017
Arbitration and Enigma: Why it’s better when made up
June 18, 2014